MOD Resources Ltd has adopted a comprehensive system of control and accountability for the administration of corporate governance.
The Board is committed to administering the policies and procedures with openness and integrity, pursuing the true spirit of corporate governance commensurate with MOD’s needs.
To the extent they are applicable to MOD, the Board has adopted the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (3rd Edition).
The Board is pleased to make the following information on MOD’s corporate governance practices available on this website.
Policies and Procedures
Occupational Health & Safety
Statement of Commitment
MOD Resources Limited is a minerals exploration company with a focus on the Botswana Copper Project on the Kalahari Copper Belt and the Sams Creek Gold Project in New Zealand.
MOD recognises that the health and safety of its workforce underpins its ability to achieve its strategic goals and considers that effective management of health, safety and environmental performance is an essential component to long term success.
MOD strives to achieve and sustain a position of excellence in the management of health and safety issues affecting its work environments and has implemented comprehensive safety management systems which include detailed standards and procedures, to ensure it complies with all applicable occupational health and safety legislation and industry standards.
MOD is committed to:
- achieving the highest standards of work health and safety;
- creating a no injuries environment, a healthy workplace and a harmonious community in which it works;
- identifying, assessing and managing risks to its people, the workplace, the community, the environment and its business;
- fostering supportive and accountable leadership that motivate, educate and supports its workforce;
- providing comprehensive training and education to strengthen the capabilities of employees and contractors to recognise and control the potential impact of their activities so together, a safe work environment can be created for everyone;
- establishing objectives and measurable targets to drive continuous improvement in management of occupational health and safety;
- regularly reviewing its health and safety systems to ensure the objectives and targets are being achieved.
The Company also recognises that it is the duty of its Board and Management to act as role models by being proactive in ensuring compliance with legislation requirements and implementing a safety culture through regular consultation and communication with all employees and contractors about health and safety matters.
Additionally, all employees and contractors have a responsibility to take reasonable care for their own health and safety, comply with MOD’s health and safety systems and to ensure that their actions or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
MOD Resources Limited